In today’s age of science and technology, the intensely riveting shift of information and communication from the real world to the virtual space is noticeable. Human connection, exchange of information, and crucial discourse have found a solid space on online platforms, and the sheer convenience and fluidity of this whole transition is unnerving. Every sector from politics, art, education, economics, and finance has been washed over with this transition. Everything from socialization, academic discourse, politics, and of course businesses and commercial companies’ workings have transitioned to the technological and online space. Thus, the importance of terms like webpage optimization, social media advertising, and marketing, E-Commerce SEO are used commonly. The absorption of these terms in popular usage reflects the importance and sheer relevance of these strategies and how beneficial they are for commercial businesses to generate organic traffic. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the scientific and artistic process of optimizing the company’s website with specific keywords in order to rank high in the list of results provided on search engines like Google, to harness organic traffic.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) involves polishing the company’s website with high-quality content, refined structure, sophisticated design, and improved visuals and images. To achieve optimum levels of perfection in their SEO strategies and maximize their organic traffic towards their brand and products, there are certain strategies that can be implemented. Following are some tips and tactics which actively ameliorate the process of our Search Engine Optimization strategy:
- E-Commerce Keyword Research: This is extremely important and the first step towards building Search Engine Optimization. It is choosing specific and precise keywords which perfectly represent and are relevant to the company’s realm of information and curating content around them. It’s important that the words used are of common usage while relevant, and not too complicated that they do not feature in usual searches on Google and the like. They must cater to the common problems and questions of the users, so they can be directed to our website.
- E-Commerce Site Architecture: Once the right keywords have been detailed, the next step is getting this content in front of the user ensuring their ease in the process. E-Commerce site architecture or structure is how the company sets up navigation, category pages, and product pages. Essentially, it is the process of getting the information to the user in the quickest route possible, with the least number of clicks.
- Technical SEO: SEO isn’t just about keywords and content, it also requires a background of technicality; things like site speed, user experience, mobile-friendliness, and working links.
- Dominate Featured Snippets: This is the usage of Google’s most impressive feature, which is the attempt to answer the search questions directly. These enriched results ensure that the speaker’s doubt is cleared without them ever having to leave Google in the first place. So commercial companies must adopt such enriched content to rank the highest and most convenient in searches.
- On-page SEO: On-page SEO deals with optimizing the company’s web pages to improve the website’s visibility on search engines like Google, etc. It is the practice of directly enhancing the content, structure, and visual appeal of our website to attract the consumer and increase their awareness and information about our brand and the products we offer.
- Off-page SEO: While On-page SEO is the direct optimization of the company’s websites and webpages to increase organic traffic and visibility online, Off-page SEO is more about the indirect practices of enhancing traffic and viewership to broaden our consumer base. It involves social media, link building, email marketing, online advertising, and local SEO. It is about creating brand awareness through social media platforms, creating engagement and personal connection with our users, and building trust with our customers.
- Content Marketing: The curation of high-quality and refined content is of crucial importance for the user to learn about the company’s business strategies and ethics, products, and services. And the content can be harnessed through blogging, publishing articles on notable websites, and offering simple yet comprehensive product descriptions on the website.
- Link Building: After quality content, links are the other most important feature on Google. Link building involves Resource page link building, partnering with influencers, broken link building, etc.
- Social Media Advertising: Using social media platforms to advertise the company’s products for the users is a very profitable tactic as the reach of social media is unparalleled.
- Social Media Marketing: Showcasing your products and services and brand appeal on social media through creative engagement with the consumers helps in driving organic traffic to your websites and webpages.
- Measuring SEO Success: In order to reap the benefits of the efforts put into each of these strategies, it is important to keep a track of the success rate of the SEO process. A simple, timely check on search rankings, organic traffic on the website and consumer engagement tell us if our strategies are working.
- Local SEO: While it is not plausible in every scenario, it is better for the company to have a physical store for the customer to drop in and view the brand, products, and service in person as well.