Getting a good ranking in Google search results may seem like a tough job, but you can make life a whole lot easier for yourself and your website by taking some simple, Google-recommended, steps to help the search engine giant know you’re there.
Google can process over 3.5 billion searches every day so it’s no surprise that so many companies are fighting for the top spot on Google. Most businesses are scrambling to get involved in SEO and take all the necessary steps to be found online.
Here’s how you can help get your site more visible on Google.
1. Perform an SEO Audit of your Website
A comprehensive SEO Audit will help you pinpoint the areas of your site that need to be improved starting from your site structure, targeted keywords, user experience factors, SEO content, backlink count, and more. A complete and detailed one will also give you a deeper understanding as to why your site is not generating the traffic you think it should or why your sales and conversions are not improving
2. Register your site with Google Search Console
Google Search Console previously known as Webmaster Tools, is a free service run by Google that allows you to submit your website along with its sitemap for indexing.
If you submit your sitemap to Google Search Console you’re letting Google know that your website exists. This is the first step to appearing on the search engine’s results page.
Google Search Console is the perfect tool to help you maximize the visibility of your website on Google’s search results page.
Google Search Console can be useful for a lot of different reasons. Not only does it allow Google to be aware of your website but it also helps you:
- Check who or what is linking to your website.
- To ensure that Google isn’t having any crawl errors on your website.
- View what sort of content your audience is searching for and what questions drive them to your site.
3. Improve your loading speeds for mobile devices
Google has been ranking sites based on its load speed for years, which is why it’s important to make sure your website loads as fast as possible. Google also rewards sites that load quickly on mobile devices by ranking them higher on their results page.
It’s incredibly important to make sure that your website has a fast load time on mobile so that the user experience for mobile device users is as good as possible.
A lot of mobile users won’t have the patience to sit and wait for your site to load and will often click away and try a different website if they’re not satisfied with your website’s performance.
You should also keep in mind that Google tends to prefer mobile sites that are clutter-free and will often penalize websites that are cluttered and difficult to use. This means that having any kind of popups or advertisements on your site will contribute to poor mobile user experience.
For a comprehensive rundown of the things you can do to speed up your site, try using Google’s Page Speed Insights tool.
4. Identify the right keywords to use and add them to your headings, page titles, meta descriptions and URLs
It’s important to identify the best keywords for your website that you want to rank for in search results.
And once you’ve identified the most appropriate keywords, you need to make sure that they’ve added to the right places of your website. This means that you need to include your target keyword or semantically related keywords in the following places:
- Page title – the text displayed in search results as the clickable headline for a given result
- URLs – the address of the page
- Page headings – the ‘signpost’ headers (H1, H2, H3, etc.) that guide readers through an article
- Page content – the main copy of your page
- Meta Description – a page description that is presented in search results as the main summary of the content
5. Use more relevant and engaging content
It is crucial to publish relevant and engaging content on a regular basis so that the Google bot will not only visit your website more often but also will crawl over the new content, increasing your chances of ranking for the keywords that you are targeting.
You need to focus on creating content that is:
- Unique and engaging.
- SEO friendly content.
- High-quality content that is comprehensive and well written.
- Up-to-date and relevant content.
6. Create backlinks for your website
Backlinks are when someone links to your website from their site. The more sites that link to you, the higher you will rank in Google. So even if you’ve got well-constructed page titles, meta descriptions, and URLs, they’re fairly useless unless you’ve got backlinks pointing to your website. In your link building activities, always opt for high-quality backlinks from authoritative websites with related content.
You can generate backlinks in three ways:
- You can use outreach, by asking other sites and blog owners to add links to your content from their platforms.
- You can create blog posts that are rich in keywords that are relevant to both your industry and your niche. If these blog posts are of interest or have value to your customers then a lot of customers may create backlinks to them.
- Get people to share your blog posts and website through social media.
7. Register with my Google Business
Registering with Google My Business will definitely help your business become more visible on Google. You’ll be able to appear in all relevant search results especially if they match your geographic search results.
Google My Business is a massive part of local SEO, and if your business relies on attracting customers in your own area, registering on this service is absolutely vital. And once you’ve registered, it’s very important to keep your Google My Business entry up to date.
You can also encourage customers to review your business on Google as having some nice stars beside your business name can increase the click-through rate, something that many SEO experts believe can have a positive effect on search results.
There’s so much that goes into improving your visibility on Google. Focusing on your audience, your goals, and your niche will help you figure out how you can make your website more appealing to search engines such as Google.
If you think your website isn’t performing how it should be or you need a little extra help, we at Social Pill can help with all your digital marketing needs.
Also Check Out Some Of Our Other Blogs: